Ivyleigh Guest House Location
Ivyleigh Guesthouse is ideally located to quickly reach the main business centers of Ireland and to explore the Midland region.
- Dublin 1 hours drive
- Cork 2 hours
- Limerick 1.5 hours
- Galway 2 hours
- Approaching from Dublin direction, turn off M7 for Portlaoise, turn right at Church (sign for railway station) and left at next junction for 200 yds and keep right at next junction, establishment 30 yds on right hand side.
- Approaching from Limerick direction turn off N7 for Portlaoise and left at roundabout N80 for 50yds turn right at railway bridge and establishment located 2nd house on left, 100 yds from railway station.
- Approaching from Cork direction turn off N8 for Portlaoise, in Portlaoise drive straight through two roundabouts on to N80 for 50yds turn right at Railway Bridge and establishment located 2nd house on left.
- Approaching from Tullamore direction N 89 turn left at Railway Bridge and establishment located 2nd house on Left.
- Approaching from Carlow direction N80 turn right at Church, take first left, keep left at next junction, turn right at next junction and establishment 30 yd on right.
The Midland towns of Tullamore, Kildare, Kilkenny and Carlow are all within a 30 minute drive from Portlaoise.
The leisure, entertainment and activity facilities include:-
- National Stud and Japanese Gardens in Kildare
- Four 18 hole golf courses within 15 minutes drive and a Par 3 course in town.
- Fishing, horse riding, tennis and swimming.
- Walking and cycling
- Health and fitness club
"Your place is beautiful, your cooking fantastic and your hospitality wonderful... We really were glad to meet you and your family and felt so much at home... and that's no Blarney!!!"
Pat and Claus Neihaus, Gladbach, Germany